Celebrate the Holidays!
Residents of JSJ Builders’ communities are gearing up for a busy holiday season that will be filled with visits from friends and family, whimsical decor, and time to enjoy endless local activities. With brand-new homes in a variety of beautiful neighborhoods, there is truly something around every corner for those lucky enough to live in one of these central North Carolina communities.
Angier: Landon Ridge and Whetstone communities
- December 1st: 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm marks the start of a weekend of fun in downtown Angier as Christmas on the Square opens for business. Participants can enjoy refreshments, crafts, hayrides, and more–including a chance to drop off wish lists with Santa! Don’t be late as the tree lighting will be a highlight!
- On December 2nd at 10:00 am wheels will begin to turn as the annual Angier Christmas Parade heads through downtown. Arrive early to secure a spot along the parade route and be ready to sing along to your favorite holiday tunes!
- Still feeling the spirit? Head to a neighboring town on December 3rd, 4:00 pm, and enjoy another round of parade floats twinkling through the streets at the annual Fuquay-Varina Christmas Parade.
Clayton: Abby Meadows community
- Hooray for the return of Clayton’s annual Christmas Village! This year’s event will be held on November 30th, continuing a tradition that now spans over 30 years. This twilight event features carolers, train rides, a live nativity, and tree lighting.
- The Clayton Christmas Parade takes place on December 9, starting at 3:00 pm. This is another terrific small-town parade featuring nearly 100 floats, marching bands, and Santa Claus! Bring a bag to collect candy tossed from participants to those singing the loudest!
Hope Mills: Braxton Village, Cypress Pointe, and Sheffield Farms North communities
- Arnett Park will be bustling throughout December with Christmas in the Park! This drive-thru light show is a unique and gorgeous way to become fully immersed in the sights and sounds of the holiday season. Enjoy the show December 3-7, 10-14, and 17-21 (excluding Fridays and Saturdays), from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Christmas in Hope Mills represents a string of festive events throughout the first half of December.
- December 1, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm: Christmas on the Lake (Hope Mills Lake)
- December 2, 8:00 am - 11:00 am: Breakfast with Santa (Hope Mills Fire Department)
- December 2, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm: Paws & Clause Pet Pics (Town Hall Gazebo)
- December 2, 5:30 pm: Parade of Lights (Rockfish Elementary to Hope Mills High School)
- December 11-14, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm: Santa & Sirens (address specific, see published maps for your neighborhood)
Wendell: Andrews Landing community
- Lake Myra Christmas Light Show switches to “on” for the month of December providing a nightly show for visitors. Featuring a quarter of a million dancing lights, this show is best watched from a lawn chair or blanket at 10 S. Cypress Street in Wendell.
- December 1, 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm will be a Wendell Wonderland! This annual holiday festival will be packed with craft vendors, food trucks, and a cookie walk! It is the perfect night to get into the holiday spirit and get a head start on shopping!
- The Knightdale Christmas Parade is scheduled for December 9th this year and will feature the best of this small town’s floats and music!
The City of Raleigh is full of holiday cheer throughout December with several options for those willing to take a short road trip. Grab some hot cocoa and candy canes before heading off to make new memories at one of these events:
- November 18: Raleigh Christmas Parade
- November 18: Lafayette Village Holiday Market
- November 23: Christmas Carousel Raleigh 2023
- December 9: North Carolina Symphony Holiday Pops
- December 9: 2023 Official Ugly Sweater Bar Crawl
- December 22: Carolina Ballet presents the Nutcracker (ongoing event)
- December 23: North Carolina Symphony Candlelight Christmas
In a chestnut shell, central North Carolina is teeming with holiday fun that captures the essence of each hosting town or city. The spirit of the season runs high, and locals are fortunate to have so many amazing options! JSJ Builders has been welcoming homeowners to newly built neighborhoods throughout the year and, this holiday season, they will explore the area while creating endless memories.
Don’t forget to tour your neighborhood as these communities are bound to be donned with festive, twinkling decor! Just visiting? Why not let the holiday spirit guide you to a brand new JSJ Builders’ community where the perfect home is eagerly awaiting your arrival?